Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sleep Training

Day 1: It was 8 pm, my bedtime. As I became drowsy, my mom put me directly in the crib. As predicted, I got very upset and screamed loudly. But my mom didn't pick me up right away, she only pat my back. And when I really fussed, my mom picked me up and put me back into the crib once I settled down. And it went about 40 minutes, I finally slept without hesitation. I still woke up around 12 am, 3 am which landed me back to spring cot.
Day 2: This time my Dad helped to tuck me to bed. And it took 30 minutes to do that (better than yesterday). I did awoke for feeding at 10 pm, and again at 4 am only for a cuddle. Seemed improving, indeed. My mom tuck me to bed again with the same method as the initial routine, until 5.30 am.
Day 3: I was asleep on my way back home. The time was 7.35 pm, almost my usual bedtime. Once my mom put me down to get changed, I awoke. And I woke up several times till midnight, might be because of my interrupted early sleep. But I managed to fussed a bit only at 12 am and 5 am.
Day 4: It was Friday, Dad's turn to tuck me to bed. It took about 30 minutes to put me to bed. I woke up again at 12 am and 4 am.
Day 5: I got home a bit late that day coz my parents had an appointment with Uncle Erwin. I got ready to bed around 8.50 pm but thanks God I only fussed for a minute! Still awoke again around midnight time and 5 am.
Day 6: Everything went quite smoothly, except the fact that I fussed several times even after I was actually slept in the crib. But I managed to woke up again only at 12.30 am and 4 am. I was soaking wet. My dad turned off the air-con, that's why. Thankfully I could continue sleeping until 6 am.
Day 7: It was just perfect, everything went on schedule. And a schedule for me too to wake up around 12.30 am and 4 am. It took 30 minutes to get me back to sleep using the ritual and finally I woke up again at 7.30 am.

No comments: